Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Blood Spatter and fine Roman diction...

Photobucket

At the suggestion of a friend, I started watching Spartacus Blood and Sand. It is bloody, violent, contains many gratuitous sex scenes, and the plot thickens at every turn. It's hard to keep story lines separate as one character, Batiatus (second from the left), is always conspiring to keep himself abreast in high society. As he grasps at the coattails of much wealthier, more conniving individuals, he plays roulette with the lives of imprisoned men; grooming slaves into gladiators, and betting their lives in the coliseum.
I'm getting way off track here. The point is, I LOVE IT. I don't know why, and I'm not usually one to watch anything with too much gore...But, this show has captivated my attention. I just finished disc two tonight. Although, I admit, at some "too bloody" scenes, I will view in my peripheral, as I watch past the left side of my laptop, or tablet screen.
I don't know why I felt the need to blog it, but I did. Maybe, it's my ode to writing more. Whatever the case, if you have a strong stomach, I suggest Netflix'ing it, and giving it a go. The view of the gladiators alone, is well worth it. :)

No comments: