Monday, August 2, 2010

Slap on the wrist...you potty mouthed heathen!

So,I got REAMED by my former Sunday School Teacher, for an inappropriate comment I posted on my sister's page. I'm sorry if she was offended, but I'm not sorry for what I said. I am me, and I'm not going to pretend to be a goodie goodie, when I'm not. If you're going to be my friend on Facebook, it is me, my thoughts, and who I am. If that's not cool with you, it's okay; just remove me from your friends list or block my updates from your news feed. That's the beauty of all of the customized settings.
Initially, I felt like a bad kid in K Mart when she posted after my comments. My sister even suggested removing her initial post, so all would be deleted. But, I told her, "No, because those comments, vulgar or not, are comments that we'd typically say." It'd be like trying to hide our personality, so someone would only see us in a certain light.
She's my former Sunday School Teacher, OF COURSE she's going to take offense to any perverted and/or graphic comments we post. It was my bad, for not filtering her access to my page in the first place. But, it would just be hiding it from her anyway. It's a rude awakening for all of us. We are not the Deacon's grandkids, who faithfully went to youth group and vacation bible school. We are free-thinking, sometimes perverted, sometimes potty-mouthed, human beings. It doesn't make us bad people. But again, it's all in how one assesses the situation.
I guess this is sort of a quasi-explanation for my brief absence on Facebook. I was trying to think about how to approach the situation without compromising who I was, or offending anyone further.

2 comments:

Regina T. said...

Yes and this is also why I don't like adding some...now I'm interested in what got her so razzled...I love every bit about you and love that you are absolutely who you say you are! I'm glad you are posting again...it had been a while...looking forward to more posts! And hope to see you in September?

eggiepuff said...

We are all free n can speak our mind n hearts n if they can't take the heat stay the f*&k out the kitchen lol enough said lol BLOCK her n post post post vulgar or not I'm game :)